Monday, July 04, 2005

Hectic weekend

It's been a hell of a hectic weekend, not to mention tiring as well. I had a multitude of events lined up and all in consecutive order.
Firstly, my YEC organised a night cycling trip from the Sengkang CC to East Coast Park. A total of 160 people participated. Lots of preparation work went before the event but even more work was done on the day itself. From 4pm on Saturday, we were working non-stop. From preparing the goodie bags, unloading the bicycles and equipment to setting up the registration booth and dealing with those mini emergencies that tend to creep up on you at the last minute. Fortunately things worked out and all went relatively smoothly, given that this is the first official activity planned by the YEC.
Registration began at 9.30pm. The participants ranged from the secondary school kid to the working class to the semi-professional cyclist to the aunties and grannies. We split them up in groups and I took charge of Group E.
Group E consists of a group of NPCC mates from ChungCheng Main. They were rowdy but manageable. In fact at one point, their commadarie was awesome. They started cheering and singing camp songs while riding. I was glad I got them.
At 10pm we flagged off. The route was from Sengkang to Thomsen to Newton to Lau Pa Sat to East Coast. We reached there at 5am. A respectable time given that we had grannies in our midst.
I was bushed. But I also had to help out at the Osim Triathlon 2005 as medical staff. I scoured the Park for shower facilities, cleaned myself of dirt, grease and grime and headed for the medical tent. A total of 2 doctors were there. I was to double up as the 3rd 'one'. A senior nurse was there with a paramedic as well. The injuries came in fast and furious, though none too serious. I could go on, but I suspect this is a story for another time. The event ended at 4pm. Luckily I got a ride home from Dr Loh, otherwise I would have collapsed at East Coast Park.
I couldn't remember much of anything after that. I just concussed on my bed.


That's the medical pass for Osim Triathlon 2005. A souvenir. Something to remember this hectic weekend. Something that money cannot buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home