Wednesday, November 02, 2005

No time to stand and stare

For the past few years, I've been immersed in a myriad of activities.

From training for the various sporting events I've signed up (I've never been so sporty in my life), to doing community work in my constituency, to studying (which I should be doing more of). From spending time with my family (which have suffered due to my other activities) to spending time with my darling (which I'm always happy to do so).

It would be fair to say I didn't waste my time.

But recently I started to feel that with all these activities packing up my time, I haven't really had time for myself.

I look at myself in the mirror, peering to see if I could see the person hiding inside. And I realise I don't really understand myself.

What kind of person am I now?
Why do I react to certain things the way I do?
How should I react to this situation?
What makes me happy?
What do I want to do with my future?

I don't have answers to these questions. I don't have plans. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I just let the flow bring me along.

Maybe it's time to reflect. To understand myself better.

But how should I start? I think I'll have to set aside time for myself. Time to ponder and wonder.

Will I find myself? It will take a while. Will I get more lost?

1 Comments:

At November 02, 2005 11:19 PM, Blogger KwangHow said...

Hey bro, can't agree with you more on this.. I'm doing stuff i like to do and have to do.. but sometimes feel that i'm flowing with some waves i cannot control..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home