Saturday, August 27, 2005

Of noise and distractions

I'm constantly distracted. I constantly feel like I'm concentrating on too many things, and these things are often not useful or meaningful.

In case you may think I'm hearing or seeing things, don't worry. I'm not hallucinating.

There's always noise around me. Sounds, images, and events that happen around me. Although I'm not involved, I seem to get distracted by them easily.

I wish I could only focus on one thing now. That is my studies. However, almost always the case, something or someone would distract me.

How can I avoid these distractions? Short of running into an uninhibited area and becoming a hermit (which i used to fantasise about doing), I think my present environment isn't very helpful. Maybe I just have to curb myself, strengthen my mental strength. It's tough and I don't have much time.

I think I'm going to have a panic attack now.

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2005 1:34 PM, Blogger Gerri said...

same here... there're a lot of things going around me. i wanna concentrate n not be distracted by them and yet i wanna be involved too instead of just letting these things pass me by... dilemma huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home