Sunday, August 21, 2005

Singapore's most wanted


Dim Sum Dollies tickets. It's for their final show on Saturday. Being a poor student (and potentially even poorer when I have to pay my study loan back), I had to get the cheapest tickets. Was hoping to get those in circle 2 but ended up with circle 3 seats.

I didn't realise how high the theatre in esplanade was. I mean, I was looking at the stage from like a height equivalent to a 5 storey flat. The dim sum dollies looked like miniature xiao long baos.

The show was hilarious. It was totally worth the ticket price. Laughed till I had stiches.

As it was the last show, they gave away a car. Or do they give away a car every show? (will those who've seen the show enlighten me?)

They had a game show segment like "The price is right" and invited 2 contestants to guess the price of the Singapore Dream. The closest to the actual amount without going over will win the car. The items in the Dream are the car, an Indonesian maid, a Chinese tuition teacher, make up kits, shoes and a condo unit at the Carribean. And I must say the condo at the Carribean is really a dream. It's the most ideal condo and I would buy it if I had the moolah. 1.8 million dollars. I'll put it on my wish list, hopefully someone will grant my wish. Anyway the Dream is worth 2.8 million dollars.

Although they had quite a few quips at the local political scene, it was amazingly patriotic at the end with lots of national day songs.

I came away with the impression that even though we complain about Singapore and the government, it doesn't mean we don't love Singapore. In fact, it shows that we care enough to want to take an interest in it.

And as Zhang Ziyi would say in English, "The soup is too salty!"

1 Comments:

At August 21, 2005 9:59 PM, Blogger Gerri said...

haha!! i'm glad you caught it too! i had so much fun watching it! but i hafta say last yr's was better... nope, they only give away the car in the last show. they haf some mini "the prize is right" thingy to see who can enter the finals...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home