Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rounded Individual

I've always been a believer that a student should be well-rounded. One should be able to manage studies, hobbies like sports,arts or music, friends, families and even relationships well. It would be very sad, if one were to excel solely in one field and neglect the others. A sense of loss or unfulfilled will be felt.

Recently I signed up for the Standard Chartered run in December. After I signed up, Kwang How reminded me that 4 December would be right smack in the midst of my medicine SIP (student internship programme). In simple words, I would be very very busy in the hospital during that time.

Hit by that realisation, I began to doubt if I could go for the run. Then I thought again and decided that if I couldn't even spend half a day away from hospital work / studies, I would be very sad. Afterall I've lived by my principle of roundedness.

And if you've noticed my little introductory paragraph at the top, I'm supposed to juggle studies, sports, friends and family.

I'm only a university student once. With this course, I'm already not living the typical life of a uni student. Let me enjoy doing my interests without the shackles of the rigid schedule imposed upon us.

Am I making a mistake? Will there be any consequences? Following my heart, I know I want to do this now.

1 Comments:

At August 03, 2005 10:42 PM, Blogger Gerri said...

yup!! i absolutely agree with u! if not now, when? i also think life should never revolve around only 1 or 2 things... what kinda existence would tt be? one day, when u reached the end of the journey, u would be wondering why din i take some time to admire the surrounding, listen to the birds sing? why did i only focus on completing the drive?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home