Saturday, September 24, 2005

In memory of Qu Yuan

For those who thought this post is about the poet who inspired dumplings, it isn't.

But it is about dragonboat, which is the sport created in memory of Qu Yuan.

I recently joined my constituency dragonboat team in preparation of the northeast CDC dragonboat race. Now for those who know me, water sports is not my strong field. I like the feeling of both feet firmly planted, and definitely not threading water.

I gave dragonboating a go because I thought it'll be fun and heck, I may get a nice tan and look like some greek god.

Dragonboating is a team sport.

It doesn't matter how fast or how hard you can paddle, if you can't paddle together as a team, you have lost the meaning of dragonboating.

It's a great sport for bonding and gives you a hell of a workout. Except I've heard tales where if you paddle on the same side all the time, your chest will look asymmetrical. Hmm... may be mistaken for Poland's syndrome.

I'm glad I gave it a go. It's good fun. If you have the chance, try it out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home