Monday, December 05, 2005

Last run of the year

All the races in the past year are just training runs. They culmulate into this final run of the year. The ultimate race, the race of your life.

Yup, the standard chartered marathon.

I'm happy with my timing this year for the half-marathon.
I'm even happier with the way I finished the race.
Cramp-less.

Ran a 6min18sec pace on average. But I was doing a comfortable 6min pace up to the 10km mark. slowed down a bit at the 14km mark, walked 2 sets of 5 mins to try and stretch out my calves. Finished in 2hr14mins49secs.
Personal best.

I think I've had enough of long-distance running for a while. Will cap my max distance at 10km, at least for the next half year.

Meanwhile I've got other sports to try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, a photo of me running that actually looks decent. At least I look fresh even after 21km.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home