Thursday, March 30, 2006

Life

Time: Post-MBBS

In the aftermath of such a major exam, I find myself in the last school holidays ever in my life. That is if all things goes well and I get a seat at this year's convocation.

Ahh... School holidays. Where all school-going children abandon all thoughts of homework and play themselves to absolute tiredness. If the holidays are long enough, they'll feel like going back to school before school starts.

I remember my school holidays. The primary school ones were filled with afternoons of void deck soccer, badminton and hours of FIFA 96.

The secondary school holidays were chock-full of remedial classes (I really suck at math) and maybe some more computer games.

In JC, it was just ECAs. I remember going back to school for council, OAC and every other ECA I joined. Holidays were just that.

Since taking up medicine in NUS, holidays were a rarity, especially after clinical years started. 1 or 2 weeks break were all we got here and there and it always happened before a major exam. It was a 'study break' (we study during the break).

But now, we don't have to study. We are supposed to have the blast of our lives. Having completed 5 years of undergraduate studies and with a lifetime of medical practice facing us, this is our time to go wild and crazy.

And I'm blogging. YEAH baby...

Okay, I do have plans. Just that they aren't crazy and wild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stopped my favourite stress-buster, adrenaline sport almost a year before the MBBS. It's time I got back on it. Sure, I'm no longer as proficient as I was but I think I'll enjoy training myself again at the rock wall. Plus the rock-climbing scene has really changed with the new walls up at yishun. Looking for climbing companions too, please apply here.

And as always, I want to pick up a new sport. Just half a year ago, it was dragon-boating. Now, it's inline skating. I've actually tried this out a couple of years back but I never really got better. These are my old skates, trying to upgrade and planning to sell these. They are in good condition, only used a few times. Bought them for over a hundred, willing to let go for $50.

And having received the progress package recently, I had a little 'windfall'. I'll use the money for a new handphone and a weekend spa getaway. Thanks Singapore. It's the perfect graduation gift.

I've been trying to get back my fitness. I gained 5 kg over the exam period, the result of indiscriminate snacking and late night milos. Well, my brain needed the extra glucose. Too bad it didn't need the extra fat that came with it.

Run, run, run. Fastest way to lose weight. But I'm no longer keen on long-distance running. Will cap myself at 5km and maybe the occasional 10km.

And watching 'House MD' dvds are the perfect way to pass a rainy day. Not to mention it's addictive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's so many things that I want to do. Yes, I have to do them to keep myself away from lounging at home and playing hentai games...

  1. Visit science centre
  2. Visit Sungei Buloh
  3. I got 1 for 1 admission for snow city. Any takers?
  4. Keen to play badminton, tennis
  5. Seriously need to clean up my room
  6. Get new clothes

I'll think of somemore. So much to do, so little time.

Jio me out guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home