Friday, June 16, 2006

Broken Spirit

It's been so mentally draining recently.
I'm beginning to have self-doubt over my abilities to be a capable doctor.
Doesn't help that I don't get any encouragement.

Right now I don't really want to do medicine.
Because it's just too tiring.
And when I'm so tired, I really don't feel like helping people.

My temper is short, my mood is foul, my face is in a perpetual frown.
I don't enjoy what I do.

What a stark contrast to my first month.
When I was tired but happy, doing what I did, helping patients.
It's not where you are, it's who you are with.

4 Comments:

At June 17, 2006 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wei Qiang, hang on in there. I have not given up on you. :)

 
At June 17, 2006 10:12 PM, Blogger KwangHow said...

hey weiqiang, jiayou, life will get better after your med posting. or even after your current stint in your current ward ;)

 
At June 19, 2006 7:51 PM, Blogger Wei Qiang said...

Thank you all for your encouragement. It has really made me feel better.
I will stay stronger, afterall what can't kill me, will make me better.
Thank you!

 
At June 30, 2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Gerri said...

i absolutely agree with u... it's who u're working with tt drives u on sometimes. everytime i feel like complaining abt my calls or my workload, i think of my MO's, reg and cons who were sweating in OT the whole nite, i feel i have absolutely no right to complain...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home