Friday, March 31, 2006

Memories

I made a trip down to school, to return the library books I borrowed and also to clear out my locker.

Yes, the books were soon to be overdue and I wasn't going to read 'secrets of medicine' anymore. And the locker which I hardly used this past year really needed to be cleared.

On the way down, I realised, I won't be going down to school as a student much after I graduate. It started getting nostalgic. After spending the last 5 years in NUS, I feel like a 'lao jiao'. Which other faculty has such a long course?

Exploring the school compound has always been fun. Finding new ways to get to other places of NUS, jogging around the school area with Kwang How. Finding a new scenic spot to see the West Coast.

So I decided to take some photos of the memorable spots in the faculty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The medical library. The backbone of my memories of the faculty. Have been upgraded since. Really comfy chairs and new tables. The old ones were starting to creak really badly. Spent many hours in the chairs, mostly sleeping though.

The rows and rows of medical texts. Just standing among them makes me feel like my IQ has gone up a few points. So much knowledge in here, too bad I couldn't finish looking through even 10% of the texts they have.

The journals shelf. Where I get my monthly dose of New Scientist and the occasional glance at the New England Journal. Hopefully I will have many published articles one day.

The photocopying service at school is really good. The photocopying lady has a stash of medical notes / texts which you can photocopy easily. I have spent quite a tidy sum here.

The medical notice board, where the results of most of our end-of-posting tests and mbbs results are posted. I always approach this board with trepidation especially when checking results.

Besides it, is the new faculty cafe, coffee grounds. Really like the name, has such a ambiguous meaning, it's ingenious. Serves pretty good pasta at quite affordable prices. Is a great place for a little self-indulgence when needed.


My favourite studying bench, at least for this year. I used to read at the benches on the second level but for some reason it started getting crowded 2 years ago. This is a great spot, really windy and cool. And importantly, near the toilet and water cooler. That's really all a medical student needs when he's mugging.

The science canteen (now known as The Frontier), has the best mixed vegetable stall. It's really tasty and most importantly, cheap. I can get a really good meal for just $1.90.

And this is the overhead bridge which I have to cross to get to the bus stop. It only has ramps and I swear I walk half a kilometre just to cross the bridge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have so much more nooks and crannies in school that I haven't taken shots of.

So many memories.

1 Comments:

At April 16, 2006 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's amazing how u took many shots of our sch. hahaha. just leaving a note.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home