Friday, August 25, 2006

A non-medical entry...finally

4 months have passed since HOship started. Looking back, it seemed like time flashed by. But I can still remember how excruciatingly slow time passed by when the day was bad.

Almost all my time during these 4 months was occupied by work, sleep and food. I work almost everyday including weekends, except for my measly 1 week leave which I spent time doing my presentations anyway. I sleep post-work hours, trying to catch up on lost sleep. And I eat to stay alive and continue working.

All work and no play makes Wei Qiang a dull person. There's really nothing else to talk about, except how difficult that plug was or how the patient kept complaining cannot pass urine even when he's on a catheter.

I can so count the number of minutes I spent doing anything else other than work, sleep or eat.

Thursdays soccer with the guys at SGH.

Weekly jogs in preparation of the Standard Chartered run this December.

And the occasion climb, during my leave, where I destress and get pumped.

Maybe there is life outside of medicine, but it sure is limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home