Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Last Day

Picking up my bag and getting ready to leave the house for my last call / day was sentimental.
At least I knew I won't be taking service27 for the next 4 months.

Wearing the oversized and drab baju was nostalgic. Will I ever need to wear it again? Remembering the countless hours that I spent roving the wards in that suit, and how sometimes I wished they had more pockets and was more fitting.

There were good times and also bad times in that department. But I'm glad to say there's definitely more good times. Although a small department, it's like a small family. Will miss the free biscuits and coffee, and the sumptous pharmaceutical-sponsored lunches.


Stepping into the cold HO2 room, I realised I spent a lot of time here. Being on call 7-8 times per month definitely isn't fun, and it does strain on me physically, mentally and spiritually. With the late dinners with the team and sometimes the occasional NBM when admissions skyrocket, every call has been a great learning experience.

And finally the team list, which the HO's life revolves around. I will miss the patients, which I trust will be in good hands after the changeover. I will also miss the nurses who have helped em learn along the way. Really wanted to take photos with them ( but too shy lar).

A new beginning, a new start. But with that much more experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home