Friday, October 14, 2005

Equilibrum

I did speedwork today:

2 x 400m
3 x 200m
4 x 100m
2 x 400m

God, my quads hurt. And I think I've strained my left achilles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranson's Indices (predicts severity of pancreatitis)
(1) Age >55
(2) WBC > 16,000
(3) HCT >10%

(4) ­­Glucose (increased)
(5) LDH (increased)
(6) AST (increased)
(6) BUN (increased)

(7) serum Ca2+ (decreased)
(8) PaO2 (decreased)

Child's classification (severity of liver failure)

An easy way to memorise is to note the 2 serum indices: albumin and bilirubin.

A: both serum bil and alb are normal.
C: both serum bil (>3mg/dl) and alb(<30g/l) are abnormal
B: somewhere in between the 2 extremes

Last index for Child's is ascites / encephalopathy. Presence of them increases Child's grade.

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2005 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will lawmakers raise shields to protect bloggers?
There's a knock at the door and suddenly you've been subpoenaed. A judge wants the notes that led to the latest posting on your blog.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a roulette table site/blog. It pretty much covers roulette table related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home