Friday, July 07, 2006

Convocation

A medical student's life is not complete without the convocation. Likewise the house officer's life has not began without convocation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the much awaited convo photos.


My dad can't wait to try out his new Panasonic Lumix camera which sells at $799, which he got at $399 because it was a display set.


You may notice that yours truly has a perpetual frown on his face. This phenomemon is the 'House Officer's Scowl' and is caused by many bad work days. The treatment for this is leave.

My lame attempt at posing.


Found some friends before the ceremony started.

Incidentally I was asked to do an live interview whereby it will be screened before the ceremony. Now I know how I look like on the projecter screen.

And, metaphorically speaking: my 5 years of medical studies can be summed up in this moment. The feeling of achievement when I put on the gown, when I receive the scroll, when I see my parents and their unspoken pride and also when I see my friends whom we have gone through thick and thin together. All in 5 seconds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home