Sunday, July 17, 2005

Groovy Running

I planned to run from my place to my grandma's place in AMK today for my weekend LSR (long slow run). It's approximately 9km and I thought the shady route would help since I planned to run in the afternoon. Problem is my parents left the house without bringing my change of clothes.

Now, you may say, 'what has that got to do with running?'

Lots. Without my change of clothes, I would end up sweaty and smelly when I reach my grandma's place. If I wanted to shower, I would have to bring my clothes and run. Which will be very awkward. (So far, I only know 1 person who runs with a heavy load. That's Kwanghow.) I melt under my backpack. And doing SOC at 3pm in the afternoon suddenly doesn't seem so attractive.

So I decided to bring my gear to my grandma's place and start my jog from her place.

Destination today? Macritchie park.

After dumping my clothes, I started my jog from AMK west park. The weather was lenient, with the occasional breeze. I did a quick stretch and was soon on my way.

The route from AMK to Macritchie would take me through Bishan park, Thomson Road, Lornie Road and finally Macritchie.

I got off to a good start. With the first stretch mainly down a gentle gradient, I gathered much momentum. When I reached Thomson Rd, I was going at a pretty fast pace.

At the Thomson stretch, something magically happened. I found that I wasn't panting hard. My stride was good, focus was strong and rhythm was nice. In short, I was grooving along. And for once in quite a long time, I enjoyed myself.

In no time at all, I negotiated the Thomson Road with ease and soon reached Macritchie. Although I contemplated doing a round of Macritchie, I let it pass. Now thinking back, I should have. Afterall, I don't get the running groove everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home