Thursday, January 12, 2006

OSCE / OSCA

It was a necessary evil, a step to take, inching closer to our inevitable fate.

Of course, I must say these are skills we should be equipped with before we are let loose in the wards. But isn't this time a little late? It would be much better if we had this test before the SIP.

Which brings me to a grudge I've been holding. If we pass the SIP and failed the MBBS, wouldn't that prove that the SIP was useless in preparing us to be a HO? Since the MBBS is a test of our ability to function as HO, passing the SIP should give a clear indication of our ability then. Afterall 1 month of work says so much more than 30 minutes.

Sigh... (of helplessness)

Anyway, the ocses today was fun. I was admittedly a bit nervous. Especially when I saw so many profs and doctors inside. It was like a mini-mbbs.

Most of them were nice and I managed to spot most of the stations. But there will always be examiners that do not leak any emotions on their face. It is most distressing when I am trying to gauge my performance and whether I was on-track by looking at their expressions, and then realising there was none. At some point, I thought I was going to fail that station.

But stumbling through all 10 stations, I believe I did well enough to pass.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home