Sunday, January 01, 2006

Stop

Somewhere along the way, I lost myself.

I stopped smiling at people because half of those I smiled at didn't smile back.

I stopped saying good morning to people I know because grumpiness got the better of me in the mornings.

I stopped wondering why I had to do something and just did it because it needed to be done.

I stopped thinking about what I wanted to do in my life because I got lost in the mundane routine of life.

I stopped perservering because instant gratification seem so much more better.

I stopped prioritising and just did everything that came my way because I didn't want to miss anything.

I stopped thinking about other people first because the world is just plain selfish.

I stopped reflecting on my actions because there were too many things to do.

I stopped being myself because I changed.

The new year calls for resolutions.

I will stop stopping and start to find my way.

2 Comments:

At January 01, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Gerri said...

haha... somewhat inspired by my some of deep thoughts eh... congrats! u found urself from the wilderness again!
happy new year! may it be full of satisfaction and happiness!

 
At January 02, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger Wei Qiang said...

it's so true that reflecting back, i've realised how much i've changed. some changes were bad and i hope to stop those.
happy new year to you too! and may this be the year that we see our dreams of being a doctor come true this april!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home