Tuesday, April 11, 2006

An ant's life

Having been through 2 weeks of post-exams holidays, I have been absolutely bored at home.

With no plans to go overseas, and Audrey overseas on a job assignment and not to mention that every other faculty is having exams (thereby meaning none of my non-medical friends are as slack as I am now) and that every other medical student is either overseas or is going overseas, I can only do stuff alone.

I've tried to make this hols as fulfilling as possible.

  • Started off my getting myself into a running regime to lose the weight I've gained. Picked up climbing and rollerblading at around once a week.
  • Did major spring cleaning of my room. That took me 3 full days, and it still needs some finishing touches.
  • Watched DVDs like a soap-obsessed housewife. Finished House.MD and now finishing a Hongkong TVB serial.
  • Bought a new mobile phone.
  • Been to science centre with plans to visit Labrodor park and Sungei Buloh.
  • Tried to find a good book to read but a trip to the local library didn't yield anything notable.

Seriously, this hols haven't been too bad.

But somehow, I just feel empty and bored.

It's as if I was just waiting. And while waiting, decided to do all these to occupy my time.

Waiting for work to start, waiting for my life to be consumed by a task so enormous, that it would take up all my time and energy.

I've also noticed that during this break, my thoughts is not as sharp as it was during postings. I feel lethargic and almost incapable of generating interesting thoughts or questions.

Now that's sad. Why can't I enjoy this break as it is? This feeling of anhedonia is terrible.

Maybe I'm meant to live life like an ant. To be busy till the day i breath my last.

Stay-at-home dad? House husband? Can't imagine, can't think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home