Thursday, January 11, 2007

Learning Rounds

I enjoy learning during rounds.

Whereby the consultant / senior doctor asks clinical questions specific and directed to the patient we are managing.

It makes knowledge easier to remember and that much more interesting than reading it in a textbook.

Does that make me a clinician?

I'm always happy when I learn something during rounds. And therefore I was pleasantly surprised and pleased when my registrar took time to teach during rounds.

It seldom happened during my last posting, which everyday felt like a routine.

And I don't think it's a waste of time, or something that can only be done when time is a luxury.

In fact, by teaching during rounds; important points in the management of the patient is highlighted and this ensures that the HO watches out for these points in the management of the patient.

Which, ultimately is good for the patient, and the team, and of course the HO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home