Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Torino 2006

The Winter Olympics have captured my attention for the past week.


Opened my eyes up to a whole new area of sports. Some, I've seen; some I've heard and some I simply cannot imagine.

Learnt a few points:

1) Alpine skiing is VERY exciting! Almost like the 100m sprints.

2) I didn't know they had cross country skiing! Always thought skiing was done downhill, climbing a hill with skis just seem so weird.

3) If you thought number 2 was funny, they also have a biathlon. Consists of both skiing and shooting. Dumbfounded.

4) China's really getting good at figure skating. Very artistic, especially the pairs event. 5) Canada rules at ice hockey.

6) Luge can be exciting but can also get a bit boring after you've seen the athlete run the course 4 times.

7) Speed skating is also very exciting! And it makes me want to pick up inline skating! Too bad I missed the skateline valentines promotion.

8) Snowboarding (half pipe event) is not as exciting as I thought. The X-games are much better.

9) Ski jumping. How did they come out with a sport like that?

10) Free style ski jumps, the diving of winter olympics.

11) Curling = polishing ice.

12) Ice dancing, chio babes to oogle.

As you can see, I'm collecting google logos. Wonder if I can get one for every event.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And already an Olympic moment to treasure.

If you don't know why, read here to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home